Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dog Day Swimming Event

At Nations Tobin Aquatic, 8831 Railroad Drive
September 12 and 13 (9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)

Who: City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department
El Paso Humane Society, Animal Rescue League,
From the Heart Rescue, New Hope Alliance and Pet’s Barn

What: Dog Day Swimming Event

When: September 12 and 13 (Saturday and Sunday)

Where: Nations Tobin Aquatic Center, 8831 Railroad Drive, El Paso, Texas

The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting a Dog Swim Day at the Nations Tobin Aquatic Center, for $2.00 per dog (owners are free). The event will be on September 12 and 13 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This is the second year of the event.

The Humane Society will also be offering micro-chipping for dogs at $15 per dog while supplies last and dogs will be available for adoption.

The Animal Rescue League will have dogs available for adoption for $125. From the Heart Rescue and New Hope Alliance will also have dogs available for adoption and Reid San will have a dog agility and obedience demonstration. The American Red Cross will have flyers about their Pet First Aid class.

For more information and or a list of rules for the event call Stacy Wright at the Aquatics office for the City Parks and Recreation Department at 544-3556 or go to www.elpasotexas.gov/parks.






Thursday, September 10, 2009


Dogs Swim Day Rules

Owner Rules
Pet Owners are free admission into the Pool for Dog Swim Day

Must have paper proof of current vaccinations

Dogs must enter and exit on a leash

Please make sure your dog has used the restroom before entering the pool area

Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs

No owners allowed in the pool

No doggie treats, we don’t want any upset tummies

Dogs must be within view and voice control of their owners at all times

Puppies are prohibited

Dog Rules
Each dog is a $2 admission Fee

No dog-fighting

No snarling or growling

Must wear your collar at all times

Please stay in the shallow pool

Dogs must play nicely

No female dogs in heat will be allowed

No barking at the lifeguards








A Pet’s Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years.
Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment.
You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

No comments:

Post a Comment